Friday, September 30, 2011

A Bridal Shower...

Yesterday our company held a bridal luncheon for my cube-mate, Lindsey.  She's getting married next month to a wonderful guy, and I'm very happy for her.
Here are some of the decorations, her wedding color was purple...
 Here she is writing the answers to one of the games "How well do you know the Bride?"...a lot of people thought her favorite color was purple, even me!...it's pink
 But I won anyway!  These kitchen towels, oddly enough, go perfectly with my paint scheme in my kitchen (will post pics of the kitchen in a later post)...
 The cake was actually quite good, which is a rarity for me...
 Here's Lindsey afterwards, with her giant rock of a ring*, reading the heartfelt wishes of those she works with...
 
I wouldn't be a good cube-mate if I didn't actually know that she's a massive Phillies fan.  Here's my wedding gift to her...

Here's her engagement story:
They were watching a Phillies game when Vinny (the groom) asked her to come downstairs to pick a bottle of wine to drink during the game.  She was annoyed at first because the game was really exciting, but she went anyway.  As they started down the stairs to the wine cellar she saw that there were candles lining the way to the room, and that's where he went down on one knee and proposed.  They missed the rest of the game, the Phillies lost that night, but Lindsey and Vinny won the next step in their lives together.



*full disclosure: I made her pose her hand that way so you could see the ring.  She's really quite modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment