Wednesday, July 13, 2011

back pain and book reading


So here I am, in complete and utter pain and want to just fall asleep in a fog of wine and pleasant thoughts - but nay nay! I wish to post!

I was attempting to do this workout when I totally strained my lumbar spine...I've done a variation of the workout before - but this time I was learning how to do the high knees with the jump rope:

And the past two days my back has not let me forget it. I even had to bow out of a concert invite because I have not been able to stand or sit comfortably at all (I've braced myself with two glasses of vino before even attempting this venture - just imagine how painful work is!)
Hopefully everything will be healed by the weekend so I can see some Pride parade and life can get back to normal...or at least I can get back to my workouts (I miss them...and really LOVE Bodyrock.tv).
- PLEASE NOTE, THIS INJURY IS MY FAULT AND SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS WITH PROPER FORM - I have done plenty of these workouts without an issue.

So now to books - after re-reading the Mantra for Murder series (see my first post) I felt the pull towards another "cozy" series - and I found the Coffee House Mysteries, picking up the first three volumes with a gift card (and it doesn't hurt that they're $8 a pop in the first place).

I've read the first book since Saturday - so they do flow quickly, and to be honest - they didn't make it easy to solve. I even wrote who I thought was the killer in the front cover with the date - and I was wrong (which almost never happens)!

Hoping the second book is good, and the third is better - sometimes you need to really get into a series before you can tell if you like it or not (I read all four Twilight books in a week and felt jilted - there!).

Next time I want to talk about my weird favorite radio stations and some apps I love...any requests?

~cas

No comments:

Post a Comment