Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back to the grind stone...


I've just come off of a week's vacation - and in the first 4 days I re-read these three books. They are the classic "cozy" type murder mysteries that often are found in a rented cabin - except this time those books were placed there by me.
My family has a beautiful tiny cottage in Honeoye NY, and I've stocked the shelves with some of my old books, and plenty of easy-read mysteries (as well as some "I've always meant to read that" classics).

Taking a vacation is vital to being productive at work. Yes, using your PTO for multiple long weekends seems better than long stretches - but if that's how you operate may I please suggest every other year just taking a full week and saying "bugger all!"?

My sweetie and I have never had a mutual paid week off before - and let me tell you, after nearly 10 years it was well overdue!

So, tomorrow - back to work. I've got all of my work clothes cleaned, straightened up those spots around the house that you always mean to straighten up (given the time...), and am almost excited to get back to the routine.

I take this to mean that I've successfully rested and refreshed myself for the next however many weeks until the next office holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment