Tuesday, July 12, 2011

nails and namaste

Today I want to share with everyone two of my great loves: nail polish and yoga.
These two things have nothing to do with each other, but I've had a rough day and wanted to write about something that makes me happy!

Firstly, I love to wear black. I've worn mostly black clothing since I was a tween (therefore accused of being both a witch and a lesbian in middle school - but who wasn't?). Anyhoo, I also love to wear black nailpolish - it makes my beat up fingers and toes look awesome -
if it's done the right way!

Please note: any funky color can be worn successfully as long as your nails are nice and short, well filed into a squoval shape (if you don't know what that is consult your google).
Now I know what you're thinking - but cas, what about in an office setting?
I wear it at the office too! I'm fortunate to have a position where I'm not face to face with clients all that often, and as I said above - funky colors look nice on nice nails!
And when work really gets hectic, I switch to perhaps the only brownish color I own - it's called caffeine fix and helps inspire me to crack open the Red Bull and get to work!
But it's not always appropriate to wear the black or the bold - and in those instances, my favoritest favoritest color is by Essie called Sugar Daddy. It's the Bubble Bath of the Essie collection and will always be in my basket.


What are some of your favorite nail colors? And when do you like to wear them?

Switching themes, now onto yoga. Like a good nap, yoga is the refresher of a day. It can prepare your body and mind to sit at a desk while people yell at you - and it can clear your mind and unwind your spine afterwards. Or it can have the effects of a warm bubble bath before bed.
I've been practicing yoga off and on for nearly 14 years, having started just after I had my son - and fell in love at first asana.
Here is a simple truth: EVERYONE. CAN. DO. YOGA.
Of the bazillions of poses, there are bazillions of modifications. It just takes time, a little bit of effort, and a lot of listening to your body.
So check out some poses and meditations and see what it can do for you! Even though I may never be able to do this pose - after every session I feel like I could.


~cas
(p.s. - never thought I'd have occasion to use "bubble bath" twice in one post...)

No comments:

Post a Comment